Wire transfer of funds is required for any monies due over $5,000.00. We cannot accept ACH credits. An actual wire transfer must be sent. We accept certified, treasurer’s or bank checks up to $5,000, but they MUST be payable to LAKESIDE TITLE COMPANY. Personal checks are accepted for funds due under $2,000.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:
All checks including certified, treasurer’s or bank checks MUST BE PAYABLE to LAKESIDE TITLE COMPANY. We will not accept checks payable to the borrower/buyer (even if the bank that issues the check tries to tell you otherwise).
Any excess funds presented at closing, will be refunded to you. Lakeside Title Company will issue a check back to you for the difference.
USE THIS CHECKLIST AS A GUIDE TO KEEPING
YOUR TRANSACTIONS SAFE AND SECURE:
- NEVER RELY on emails purporting to change wire instructions. Parties to a transaction rarely change wire instructions in the course of a transaction.
- ALWAYS VERIFY wire instructions, specifically the ABA routing number and account number, by calling the party who sent the instructions to you. DO NOT use the phone number provided in the email containing the instructions, use phone numbers you have called before or can otherwise verify. Obtain the phone numbers of the Real Estate Agents, Buyers, Sellers, Lender and Attorneys as soon as the application is placed.
- DO NOT send an email to verify as the email address may be incorrect or the email may be intercepted by the fraudster.
- DO NOT forward wire instructions to other parties without first verbally verifying the instructions from the sending party.
- USE COMPLEX EMAIL PASSWORDS that employ a combination of mixed case, numbers and symbols. Make your passwords greater than eight (8) characters. Also, change your password often and do NOT reuse the same password for other online accounts.
- USE MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION for email accounts. Your email provider or IT staff may have specific instructions on how to implement this feature.
Wiring instructions will be sent as quickly as possible, or you may email the processor or settlement officer assigned to your transaction, or call the main office at 410-992-1070.
|Bank Name:||Wells Fargo Bank, NA|
|Address:||10400 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, Maryland 21044|
|Account Name:||Lakeside Title Company Escrow Account|
|Reference:||Your name, property address and file number if you have it|
More than a title provider, we are your partner.
Lakeside Title Company recognizes the value of providing the tools realtors, lenders, buyers, sellers and builders need to make transactions run smoothly. We pride ourselves on protecting our clients every step of the way and delivering a great experience for you and your client. Lakeside Title Company is more than a title provider, we are a true partner.
Title Stream Blogs
Apr 24 2019
Podcasts are easy-to-digest audio recordings, making them the perfect way to learn while you walk the dog, wash the dishes, ...READ MORE
Apr 17 2019
Many real estate agents have depended on Facebook as part of their marketing efforts for years. That is largely due ...READ MORE
Apr 10 2019
A mapping tool introduced by Zimmerman/Volk Associates (ZVA) is providing a new way to look at market turnover. These at-a-glance ...READ MORE